Sales and Digital Marketing Intern - Trinity Sport, Trinity College Dublin
Background to the Post
This is a University post which provides administrative and managerial support Sport Service Manager and Business Development Manager. This role will complement the existing management, administrative structures and processes of Trinity Sport and strongly link to the Strategy for Sport and Trinity College Dublin Strategic Plan.
Trinity Sports is responsible for development of sport at the University through the provision of top class sport facilities, support services and programmes that encourage active participation in sport and recreation by students, staff, graduates and University communities. Trinity Sport receives a proportion of funding from the University and the majority through income generating activities and the student sports charge.
The sales and digital marketing intern role will assist in sales of membership, programmes and hire function within Trinity Sport. The aim of the role is to help increase sales, create brand awareness by assisting with promotions, advertising and creating digital content. Income generation and cost effectiveness is an important aspect of the role.
The role offers an opportunity to work in a team interacting with students, staff, graduates and University communities across the range of services. It will involve close liaison with the Communications Manager, Graphic designer, sports clubs officers, Trinity Sport team (DUCAC and the Department of Sport and Recreation).
To assist in the administration, marketing, of the day-to-day sales & marketing of Trinity Sport, with a particular focus on income generation in the areas including Sports Centre membership and programming. The aim of the role is to help increase sales, create brand awareness by assisting with promotions, advertising and creating digital content.
Duties of the Post
- Identify areas for growth and opportunity within the main three categories of membership (College Staff, Alumni & Public)
- Target specific groups such as local companies to market and plan/execute campaigns to build relations which will generate revenue
- Develop, execute and measure social media and digital sales campaigns to result in membership lead generation
- Responsible for membership telephone marketing, customer satisfaction etc.
- Assist with converting membership enquiries to sales
- Identify initiatives to influence member retention in a positive way
- Develop communications structures with existing members
- Administration of memberships via third party database
- Develop online presence and web traffic
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers with social media
- Identify, create, write, prepare and post relevant and interesting content in multiple channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Ensuring web content is refreshed and updated regularly
- Plan and initiate social media campaigns
- Measuring success of marketing campaign
- Review and progress developing membership promotional material
- Benchmarking and researching other sports facilities
- Assist in delivering and creating marketing content
- Report weekly on social media activities
Qualifications (Essential / Desirable)
- A third level qualification or appropriate, experience is essential or working towards a Degree
Knowledge & Experience (Essential / Desirable)
- Minimum of one years’ experience in sales/marketing role is essential
- A knowledge in digital marketing and social media is essential
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn, Google Plus and YouTube.
- Exemplary customer care standards is essential
- Knowledge/Experience of sales and digital marketing is essential
- Experience of social media management
- Experience in content creation using programs such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Snappa, Canva etc. desirable.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)is desirable
- An interest in sport, health and fitness and an awareness of current issues and trends in the sports & leisure industry would be desirable
- Experience of working within the fitness industry is desirable
Skills & Competencies
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent administrative, communication and IT skills
- Exemplary customer care standards
- Excellent reporting skills, organised and capable of meeting deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours
- As the role requires a good deal of collaboration and independent work, the person should have a self-starting work ethic
- The ability to work as part of a busy team or independently is essential
- The ability to interact affectively with a variety of stakeholders and to foster good working relationships, and being recognized as someone who is helpful to others.
- Strong business acumen
In order to assist the selection process, candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a
Cover Letter (1x A4 page) to email@example.com that addresses the following points.
- Candidates must have at least 1 year of experience in a Sales and Marketing role. Applicants should clearly address this experience and how they obtained their knowledge in their application.
- Illustrate, through past example, their ability to work on their own initiative and how to resolve problems.
- 3 month internship with opportunity to extend on review meeting, salary: €370 per week
- Free use of the Sports Centre facilities (during own leisure time).
Trinity Sport: http://www.tcd.ie/Sport/