Digital Marketing Officer, Trinity Development & Alumni
Post Title: Digital Marketing Officer, Trinity Development & Alumni
Status: Three-year contract; Full-time
Company: Trinity Development & Alumni, Trinity College Dublin
Reports to: Associate Director of Communications & Digital Marketing
Salary: €35,000 (Officer Salary Scale)
Start date: This post is tenable immediately
Closing date is noon on Thursday, 13th February 2020.
Applications should be submitted via https://tda.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Trinity Development and Alumni (TDA) leads on fundraising for Trinity College Dublin. We are recruiting a Digital Marketing Officer with excellent digital, communication, research, planning, and traditional marketing skills to support the work of the TDA team.
Trinity’s is in the final phase of its first public philanthropic campaign, Inspiring Generations. It is the largest philanthropic campaign ever launched on the island of Ireland and the fourth largest in Europe, with two ambitious goals: to raise €400m and inspire 150,000 volunteering hours.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and results driven team.
- Digital Marketing Officer you will lead on digital, web and social media. You will be expected to be flexible in practice, a team player, and willing to commit to working within a demanding and fast-moving office environment. While you will primarily require digital marketing skills, it should be noted that the role will also involve all elements of marketing.
The following duties are intended to give a broad indication of the variety of tasks that you will be required to undertake. This list is not intended to be exclusive or restrictive and flexibility in the allocation of specific duties will be required. As Digital Marketing Officer, you will:
- Lead on the re-design of the www.tcd.ie/alumni and www.tcd.ie/campaign websites
- Lead and manage all social media channels and content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and updating of the TDA websites
- Management the production of high-quality video content for TDA
- Assist with the management of TDA events and relevant project work as required
- Ensure all TDA communications are on brand and on message
- Assist with the completion of a communications audit to ensure all messaging is consistent.
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time to time.
You will be engaging proactively with a range of stakeholders including College academics and management, donors, alumni, volunteers and friends of Trinity.
Qualifications & Experience
- Third-level qualification, a marketing or a related discipline is desirable.
- At least three years’ experience in a marketing and promotions environment.
- Experience in managing digital marketing campaigns to achieve measurable objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of SEO, email marketing, pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing and web analytics.
- Web development expertise.
- High level of competency in MS Office applications and Dreamweaver and Adobe.
- Experience of web technologies and the use of social media for business.
- Design and layout skills and video capture and editing experience is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Oral Communication skills: Communicates in clear and confident manner while remaining approachable & respectful; Comfortable at presenting to a variety of stakeholders;
- Written communication: Ability to generate engaging content for both print and online forums and a variety of audiences; Demonstrates strong quality controls skills.
- Interpersonal skills: Demonstrable ability to build and maintain relationships within TDA and across the wider Trinity community; Excellent people skills.
- Teamwork: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team; Actively shares information, knowledge and expertise to help the team to meet its objectives.
- Analysis & Decision-making: Adept at working with, manipulating and evaluation a range of information; Draws rational and evidence-based conclusions when resolving problems; Demonstrates accountability for decisions taken.
- Delivery of results: Plans & organises own work to meet objectives within agreed timeframes; Takes ownership of tasks and is determined to see them through to a satisfactory conclusion; Pro-active and self-motivated with ability to take a creative approach to marketing.
- Drive & commitment to values of TDA: Strives to perform at a high-level demonstrating flexibility & solution focus; Is thorough and conscientious; Resilient when faced with significant demands/challenges; Is honest and trustworthy and acts with integrity.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Annual leave entitlement 24 days plus College closure days.
- Additional leave entitlement College closure day (Good Friday and Christmas period).
- TDA defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions 7%.
- Sick leave Scheme (subject to eligibility).
- Maternity and Paternity Leave Scheme (subject to eligibility).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to Trinity College Dublin library.
- Discounted membership to the Trinity Sports Centre.
- Office hours 9am-5pm; evening and weekend work may be required.
About Trinity Development & Alumni
Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA) is at the heart of Trinity in every sense. Located in Front Square, we are the interface between College and the alumni, donors and friends of Trinity in Ireland and around the world. Our job is to secure the committed philanthropic and volunteering support that helps to power so many things across Trinity, from scholarships to new buildings to cutting-edge research. We connect Trinity’s talented academics and researchers with people who share their passion and want to support their work across areas as diverse as cancer, climate change and the future of social and economic development.
We maintain the University’s connection with its 140,000 alumni in 158 countries with over 70 branches and have been instrumental in raising funds in excess of €300 million since its establishment in 1994. Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA), is the operating entity of Trinity Foundation, an independent charitable trust that supports Trinity’s mission through alumni support and engagement, and philanthropic fundraising.